We were on a break!
It’s been a hot minute since K&K recorded, but it’s because ‘Life As She Knows It’ is officially being released in seasons! Yeah…totally planned…why do you ask? Have no fear, season 2 will return in January with new episodes, special guests, and renewed snarcasm as the gals tackle the big issues in the same way you’ve come to know and love.
If you’re living under a rock (aka not following us on social media) then you may not have heard that Kim is giving a real live TED talk at TEDxMileHigh’s event ‘Reset’ on December 1st at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. If you’re in the Colorado area, get your tickets and come Kirsta to cheer her on! There are only 5,000 seats and they always sell out early. Can’t make it? We will be sure to post the live stream that day.
This will be unlike the other speeches Kim has given in the past, and presenting her “big idea” takes a lot of time and work. Sharing the process with all of you will be exciting, but it’s labor intensive. Hang in there, all will be revealed on the red dot!
Be sure to wear purple on October 18th and do your part in raising awareness.
Lastly, practice self-care during these tough media cycles.
Here are a few tips from our friends at SAVA Center of Weld and Larimer counties:
- Take A Break!
- It is okay to take a break from Social Media and the News if you need some time to calm down.
- Be Honest About How You Feel
- However you are feeling about current events is okay! It is also okay for you to recognize what those feelings are, why you are having them and the effect they might have on you.
- Deep Breathing
- Although breathing might sound like the easiest on the list, sometimes this can be the most difficult. Deep Breathing, or diaphragmatic breathing, increases the supply of oxygen to your brain and stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system, which promotes a state of calmness.
- Don’t be Afraid to Ask for Help!
Empower Through Action!
- If you feel helpless and are ready, maybe taking action can help. See how you can get involved in your community or nationally to change the issues that are bothering you.
Keep in touch! Even though we’ll be taking a break from recording, we are still answering your ‘Asking For A Friend’ questions at email@example.com and as always, staying plenty active on social media. Join the private LASKI Squad group on Facebook (ladies only) to connect with other awesome gals and discuss the topics we all want to fly our freak flags over.
See you in 2019!